Monday 14 July 2014

When I went to Brentwood!

Hello lovely ladies! Are we all getting bikini ready and packing for our holidays? The weather has been so lovely recently, all my little frou-frou dresses and skirts are coming out! I have lots of weddings to go to soon and I've got the most beautiful pink outfit. One down, now what to wear to the others?!

Very 1950s, I have chosen a floaty pleated soft pink silk skirt, worn at the waist, dropping in a floral wave just at the ankle. I am teaming it with a barely there cream cowel back drop vest and for the evening and church service I have this cute three-quarter length sleeve baby pink cotton jumper. It has this gorgeous sweet lace effect embellishment at the sides. With a simple flower tucked in a down bun and my trusted Kurt Geiger diamante bowed t-bar heels, it's very plain but effortlessly understated. You know I usually go for brights and patterns, but not this time. I am toning it down from my usual daring B!



Sweater and skirt by Dorothy Perkins! 



Below was an outfit I saw in Monsoon of all places! Now this is way more what you'd usually see me in! Just loving the two-piece sets with such awesome patterns and shiny fabrics! Paired with some patent white stilettoes or funky wedges and bright orange lippy, you'll be the best dressed at the beach party!


Had an interesting visit to Brentwood last week. Yep, T.O.W.I.E central! I thought it was going to be a little grander and more glitzy but it wasn't at all. Think lots of heels and mainly polyester! I did however pop by some beautiful boutiques, that although didn't sell many of our sort of fabulous dresses, the clientelle were lovely and they loved London Frock Exchange! Perfect for all the cast as they go out all the time and when you get photographed, you can't possibly be snapped in the same dress twice! We totally 'frocked' Essex!

I also spent a delightful day on the water yesterday on a friend's 30ft boat. We sailed calmly from Lymmington to Newport, had a swim (well it was too chilly for me! I just sunbathed and sipped on a chilled beer!) and munched on sandwiches whilst laughing lots and catching up. The weather was perfect, as was the company!



So what will you be taking on your holidays this year? Now we know one essential is a trusted silk kaftan! Perfect for lounging around the pool, walking along the beach or just slipped on to walk to the local shop! We have two 'just in' and another on its way so quick quick, nab it before it goes!

Blue Embroidered Silk Kaftan
All made of silk and the embroidery is so beautiful. Soft on your tanned skin and at £35 - well, what a steal! Just send in a dress you don't want any more; what about fishing out one from your Winter wardrobe? Then you're ready to swap! Hurry hurry! 

Until next time darling Swishers!
B xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment