Tuesday 4 March 2014

The Secret behind your Dress

We all have 'that' memory of something that completely changed our lives. Whether it was a good or bad thing, these events often shake us up a bit and move us forward. I constantly harp on about the path we walk down and that sometimes we get thrown off into a different direction even if it feels bad at the time, but then it leads us to the path we should be on in the end...follow your yellow brick road!

When I talk to my clients, when I am sat with them looking over their wardrobe or gliding the rails in the shops for their latest styled outfit, they often pick out a few dresses that have a wonderful story attached to them.

I have three dresses I really can't get rid of, and a few I have swapped but it's been very emotional because of the sentimental value I hold with them. One dress I won't wear again but will keep- hopefully for my daughter or niece or goddaughter to have one day. It's the dress I wore to my best friend's wedding as her bridesmaid. I was living in Los Angeles at the time she asked me and she told me the type of style she wanted. Her wedding was very country vintage with beautiful flowers and pastel colours- her dress featured here (stunning) shows the theme perfectly.

This is for sale too! Message me if you want to know more details! 
I stumbled upon a quirky 1950s vintage store on Melrose and it just leapt out at me on the mannequin. Soft purple and sky blue floaty number, with two shoulder panels floating at the back and a net puff skirt. From the day of purchasing the dress, the story began of the run up to the wedding - all the things we did together as best friends and up to the actual day itself. What people said, the pictures, the dancing, the speech, the love and the emotions are all such fond memories, and I can just look at the dress hanging up in my bedroom as a feature like a painting, and all those lovely images and feelings come back to me.

Why not swap a dress with a story? Pop a note in the London Frock Exchange packaging and share the memories with us! If we each have a dress to give, we can replace it with a new one and therefore enhancing the story and the journey we take that frock on.  A sort of 'passing the love and good memories on' to a new lady so she can make her own memories and story.

B's Trend Watch this week......


Trotting Hot

Saw these 'oh so glam' brogues by Meandher at houseofmeandher.com. Aren't they scrumptious?! Worn with a trouser suit or even a cutesy Spring floral dress will look divine and effortlessly cool!



B's rescue remedy in one swoop!
Need a multi-tasking rescue for hair, face and nails? Why not try this exotic wonder balm- Butter London Backstage Basics Balm, £20 and available now! It nourishes split ends, cuticles and highlights eyes and cheekbones!

High on the Street
On the High Street- Check out the hottest affordable trends at our trusted H&M and Primark. With dazzling bright florals and block prints, add a dress over your trousers or a strapless number with a T-shirt underneath and you've blagged yourself the biggest style right now. The prices are delish too!

I Heart My Jacket
Invest in a collarless jacket this Spring. I am obsessed with my camel and white ones both from Zara. Not so practical when the chilly winds about but look at this stunner I snapped from H&M. With it being featured heavily at New York Fashion Week, follow celebs like Laura Whitmore and Amber Le Bon in yours! Love them why? The minimal neckline is ideal for covering up and layering with a pretty party frock, one can add endless bling with jewellery or even a faux-fur stole for extra pizzazz AND you can even throw it over a pair of your trusted staple jeans, knit jumper and heels for an instant, take me out, no fuss look!


Or why not try a short box version like this elegant jacket from Autograph at Marks & Spencer? Totally enhances your plane black jumpsuit and pumps!   


Just had a fabulous weekend on the Isle of Wight celebrating a dear friends birthday! Weather was superbly sunny on Saturday so got out on the water for some speed boat fun!


Spring is nearly upon us and I am loving munching on mini eggs right now. Plus all the primroses and daffodils are springing up! But look at my lovely Hyacinths! Makes for a peaceful yet pretty frock shack!


What have you got planned for this Easter? Why not have a bunny party! Hunt for the eggs! Glam up and have a tea party? I'll be bringing you some fun floral outfits so you'll fit right in this Spring! Hop Hop Hop to a glamourous fabulous frock!

Warmest Swishes as always,
B xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment